Peter has over 18 years' experience in negotiation practice, consultation, research, development and delivery of training interventions.
Peter has over 18 years' experience in negotiation practice, consultation, research, development and delivery of training interventions across the diverse fields of crisis, commercial and social negotiations. He is the founding principal of Strategic Planning and Negotiation Services (SPANS) and the organization's lead negotiation consultant, specialist agent, coach and trainer. Peter has prepared and delivered negotiation skills training to company Executives, CEOs, Directors, finance and medical professionals and has facilitated Strategic Planning for Health Care Organizations. His experience has extended to a variety of commercial and crisis negotiations and public dispute mediations.
Peter has also presented at international, national, state and regional forums on topics ranging from knowledge management, disaster planning and response, aboriginal health partnerships, security, alignment of health care to urban development, and developing an effective collaborative care network.
- Negotiation agent
- Negotiation advisement
- Organizational network analysis and communication
- Emergency management and security advisement
- Developing collaborative enterprises
- Negotiation skills
- Negotiation skills (individual and organizational development)
Service Delivery Locations
- Worldwide (through global network)
- Strategic human resource management and development
- Organizational network analysis
- Strategic planning facilitation
- Emergency management, disaster planning and recovery
- Negotiation in high-risk situations
- Negotiation training and advisement
- Security training and advisement
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Southern Cross University)
- Master of Business (School of Commerce and Management – Southern Cross University) – currently undertaking
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training (Southern Cross University)
- Teaching Negotiation in the Organisation (Harvard Law School)
- Graduate of Negotiators Training Program (NSW Police)
- Emergency Management (NSW Police)
- Emergency Response Management (State Emergency Management Committee)
- Graduate of Detectives Course (NSW Police Designation)
- Australian Human Resource Institute – Chartered Professional Member (CAHRI)
Current and Previous Clients
- DKM Group
- National Health Service Institute for Innovation (U.K.)
"Before I attended the course I knew nothing about negotiation. Peter introduced us to the art and science of negotiation in a simple, yet effective manner and his techniques have stuck with me. The content was of a high quality and easy to follow, negotiation games added value and Peter taught the course in an inspiring way. I thoroughly recommend it to you."Dr Hein Le Roux
Associate for the NHSI Safer Care Program
National Health Service Institute for Innovation (U.K.)
"Recently our firm engaged Peter Spence of SPANS Consulting to undertake training in an effort to improve our negotiation skills. The feedback I have received from the team that attended the workshop is that it was both educational and enjoyable. As an attendee myself I wholeheartedly support these comments. Additionally, it was of a practical use and we have used the skills gained and recognise that this has been part of our commercial success. I have no hesitation in recommending Peter to any business or organisation that may be considering engaging Peter or his consultancy firm."Greg Mallam
Director – Client Services
Get help now with measuring and reporting the effectiveness of your training programs with our comprehensive guide and toolkit.
Download our Training Evaluation Toolkit today to start demonstrating the impact of your programs in measurable terms.