Business Performance Blog
We share our news and reflections on the world of business.
Join our discussion on the latest research, reports and opinion.
Join Project Master Beta Testing Program
Submitted by Leslie Allan on June 18th, 2013
We have been working hard to bring you the new release of our flagship project management tool, Project Master. First released in 2003, we did a major upgrade of this popular tool in 2006. The much awaited Version 3.0 is now in testing stage.
You can be part of the test program by joining our Beta release test team. You will be the first to see all of the great new features we’ve packed into the new version, put Project Master through its paces and be eligible for a substantial discount on the purchase of the final product.
What Is Project Master?
Project Master is the sweet spot between the very expensive and complex project management tools and the overly simple tools that are no more than glorified task lists. We based Project Master on Microsoft Excel®, as every office already has the Microsoft suite of programs. For well under the cost of many other project management tools, with Project Master you will be able to:
- create and manage your project schedule and task allocations
- automatically draw a schedule timeline (Gantt chart)
- monitor and report on your project costs
- manage your project changes, risks and issues all in one place
- produce and distribute a range of automated schedule and budget reports
- create schedule and budget charts and a one-page summary report
In this release, we have incorporated many key improvements to the interface, improved reliability and added many new features. Here are just some of the enhancements. With Version 3.0, you will be able to:
- get your project started easily with the New Project Wizard
- navigate around Project Master with the new navigation index
- easily copy reports and charts into your other documents
- enjoy greater protection of your project data from corruption
- see your local currency symbol in all reports and charts
- import your project data from other sources
- export your project data into a standard format
How Do I Register for the Beta Testing Program?
To join the Beta testing program, you will need Microsoft Excel® 2007 or later and Windows Vista®, Windows® 7 or Windows® 8 installed on your system. Get in quick as we want to complete the Beta testing phase by early July, ready for a final release mid-July. Beta testers who send us feedback will receive a significant discount on the Version 3.0 release package.
To join the Beta testing program, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org today. In your email, please provide the following particulars:
- your name
- the name of your organization
- the size and nature of your current project (optional)
- your contact information (bona fide email only; no gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc.)
As a Beta tester, you will try out all of the key features, noting any software bugs, unclear instructions, confusing interface and errors in the documentation provided. Very importantly, we want your feedback on what other features you would like to see in Project Master. Your feedback will help us provide you and all of our customers with a more reliable and useful project management tool. Contact us now at email@example.com to register for the program or use our contact form to find out more.