Business Performance Blog
We share our news and reflections on the world of business.
Join our discussion on the latest research, reports and opinion.
Towers Watson 2010 Global Workforce Study
Submitted by Leslie Allan on April 6th, 2010
Between November 2009 and January 2010, Towers Watson surveyed 20,000 full-time employees in 22 markets around the globe. Their report reveals the deep impact of the recent financial storms on the employer-employee relationship. In summary, the findings of their 2010 Global Workforce Study include:
- worker mobility is at a decade-long low point
- employees’ strongest desire is for security and stability
- employees see themselves as being responsible for their long-term financial and physical health and well-being
- employees see themselves as being chiefly responsible for their careers and performance
- significant numbers of employees are sacrificing career growth for job security
- employees want more freedom and flexibility in their work
- employees’ confidence in leaders and managers is disturbingly low
- employees see their leaders and managers as poor in interpersonal skills